You might think that the point of training your voice is to develop a big sound that fills a room. Well, that might be one reason for voice training. But as we learned from top voice coach Susan Berkley in the webinar she just gave for our Breakthrough Ideas in Training series, there is a lot more to training your voice than just turning up the volume.
Susan, a top voiceover artist and voice coach, is the president of The Great Voice Company in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. Here are some of the things we learned in her session . . .
- The most important goal in voice training is to achieve “transparency,” which means that listeners become aware of only your message, not your voice. Susan gives insights about how that is done.
- Contrary to what you might have heard, the goal of voice training is not necessarily to get rid of your accent. Susan explains that an accent can actually be an asset that helps communicate your message.
- How just a few seconds of humming – the right way – can get your voice tuned up before you give a talk.
- How successful companies can train employees to create a “voice brand” that supports the company brand.
- How to use your voice to convey a positive attitude.
Susan’s Webinar Is Still Live – Why Not Register Today?
If you haven’t seen Susan’s webinar yet, you haven’t missed it. You can still register for all of this year’s free Breakthrough Ideas in Training Webinars and watch it, along with all our other groundbreaking webinars in the days ahead.